Who we are:

   “ History of the Hudson City Lions Club”

                    “Over 60 years of Community Service “

The Hudson City Lions Club of Jersey City was organized and chartered on January 27, 1954 by a group of concerned community leaders who proposed and committed themselves to assist individuals with specific needs throughout their Community.

Our Club initially dedicated itself to providing assistance to the deaf and blind. Having grown tremendously through the years by membership support and loyalty, with the help and generosity of local businesses and concerned individuals, they widened their goals to the areas of Education, Public Service, Health, Recreation and Social Services.   

The following are some of the yearly projects our members tirelessly dedicate and commit themselves towards in reaching our club goals:  

Sponsor of the Annual Farmstead Golf Outing - Fundraiser

Sponsor of the Annual Amateur Boxing Show – Fundraiser

Sponsor of the Annual Monmouth Park Day at the Races – Fundraiser

Sponsor of the Annual Lions Eye Mobile – Free eye screening for the Community

Sponsor of the Annual dinner for St. Joseph’s Home for the Blind

Sponsor of the Washington Park Little League

Sponsor of the Annual Community Awards Dinner

“Lamp of Learning” Certificates and Plaques annually awarded to the Jersey City Public Schools

Gift Certificates and Plaques presented to the Hudson County Science Fair

Future activities to be announced

New Members are welcomed and encouraged to attend our meetings ”